Amazon is the world's largest online webshop. The website, which started out as an online bookstore, has grown into a one-shop stop where you can buy everything from clothing to sports equipment and from furniture to electronics. Millions of people worldwide visit this website every day. It is therefore not surprising that many companies are interested in selling their products via Amazon. Do you want to sell your brand on Amazon? In this Amazon Brand Book you read important information for brands on Amazon.
1.0 Brand Registry: Register and protect your trademark on Amazon
Amazon Brand Registry helps you protect your trademark and your intellectual property on Amazon. By registering your brand, you gain access to exclusive features and tools that allow you to have more influence and control over your brand's products that are sold by third parties on Amazon.
1.1 The benefits of Brand Registry
These are the benefits of Amazon Brand Registry:
1.1.1 Automatic brand protection
Amazon uses automated security. When you have registered your trademark through Amazon Brand Registry, Amazon uses information about your trademark to detect and actively remove wrong or inaccurate content. Product notifications that infringe on your intellectual property will also be detected and removed.
1.1.2. Detect and report violations
You also get access to tools to find the products of your brand. You can search through images, keywords, or a list of ASINs. This way you can detect and report possible violations.
1.1.3. Access to marketing tools
Registering your brand through Amazon Brand Registry gives you access to marketing tools, such as Enhanced Brand Content (EBC or A +) and Sponsored Brands. These tools make it possible to get more attention to your products and your brand.
With EBC you can make your product stand out by uploading custom content on the product page. EBC ensures a more personalized branding, more visibility, and higher conversion.
Amazon Sponsored Brands are display ads with your brand logo, a custom headline, and up to three of your products. These advertisements are shown when a consumer performs a search that matches your brand and products.
1.1.4. Design your own Brand Store
When you register your brand via Amazon Brand Registry, you can design your own Brand Store for free. This is a kind of own webshop within Amazon, where you can show videos and background information about your brand in addition to your products. With a Brand Store, you can generate more brand awareness for your brand. You also get your own easy-to-remember Amazon URL, such as: amazon.nl/brandname, which is ideal for ads inside and outside Amazon.
1.2 What do you need to register your trademark?
You need the following to enroll in Amazon Brand Registry:
- You need an actively registered trademark for the brand that appears on your products or packaging.
- You must be able to verify yourself as the owner of the trademark.
- You need an Amazon account. You can use your existing Amazon account or create a new account for this.
2.0 Amazon Standard Identification Number or ASIN
The Amazon catalog contains more than 350 million products. To keep all those products organized, Amazon uses ASINs. ASIN stands for Amazon Standard Identification Number. These numbers are given to every uploaded product for sale on Amazon. Amazon uses these codes to easily identify and group products.
2.1 Why are ASINs important?
ASINs are important to you as a brand owner for the following three reasons:
- ASINs help manage a product catalog on Amazon.
- The right ASIN makes it easier for customers to find products of your brand.
- ASIN protects your brand against counterfeit products.
2.2 A unique ASIN for unique products
When you upload products on Amazon, you should check if an ASIN already exists for that product. If so, you can start selling by creating an offer under that ASIN. You then share this number with all other sellers who offer the same product. However, as a brand owner you probably sell unique products, for which there is no ASIN yet. In that case, you must first create a new product in the Amazon catalog. Once you have created a new product, Amazon assigns your product a unique ASIN and you can start with sales.
3.0 Amazon Product Detail Page (PDP): all information about your product on one page
Customers on Amazon usually come into contact with your products and your brand via the product page (also known as the product detail page). The product page is a page within Amazon that contains all the information about a product. In any case, this page contains the following elements:
- the title of the product,
- a picture,
- bullet points with the main product features,
- a description of the product,
- product variations
- and reviews.
3.1 What do you have to pay attention to when creating the Product Detail Page?
The following elements are important to keep in mind when creating a product page:
- Give the product a concise and clear title, for example, brand, department, name, size, and color.
- Use high-quality images. The products are best photographed against a white background. The image quality is best when the image is 1000x1000 pixels in size.
- Include at least five key product features in the bullet points.
- List all product variations, such as available sizes and colors.
- Provide an accurate description of the product. Use keywords to increase the findability of your product.
- Make sure your product is placed in the right category: this also makes your product easier to find.
Want to know more about selling on Amazon? Click on the arrow below to get in touch with one of our specialists.
4.0 Amazon Europe Marketplaces Account: sell easily all over Europe
With an Amazon Europe Marketplace Account, you as a brand owner can easily sell your products on all five European Amazon marketplaces: Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it, and Amazon.es.
4.1 International sales
Before you go international, consider the following:
- Plan your international inventory.
- Translate all information on your product page.
- Make sure you are familiar with the local tax laws.
- Plan your shipping and returns.
4.2 The benefits of an Amazon Europe Marketplaces account
With an Amazon Europe Marketplace account you can:
- offer your products on all European marketplaces with one sales account;
- manage your inventory for all European marketplaces in one place;
- track and manage orders from multiple European sales channels in one report;
- use Amazon's European Fulfillment Network (when using Fulfillment by Amazon);
- update or share account information through a single user interface;
- view all sales pages in English.
5.0 Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA)
As a brand owner, you can choose to have Amazon perform the entire logistics process. This is called Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA). When you choose this, you place your items in stock at Amazon and you use the advanced logistics network of Amazon.
5.1 The benefits of Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA)
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) has some advantages for you as an external seller:
- By using Amazon's logistics network, you can easily sell your products all over Europe.
- When you use FBA, your offers become more visible on Amazon.
- Your products are eligible for Amazon Prime for free.
- You put your products in the Amazon warehouse and therefore need less storage space yourself.
- You don't have to waste time on inventory management, packaging and shipping products and handling returns.
- Amazon provides customer service in the local language 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
6.0 Amazon Prime
Amazon Prime is a subscription service from Amazon, which gives you extra benefits as a customer. Prime customers can have millions of products delivered for free and quickly, sometimes even the same day. However, this fast, free delivery only applies to so-called Prime items. When you choose Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), your products are automatically eligible for Amazon Prime.
6.1 Seller Fulfilled Prime (SFP)
Amazon Seller Fulfilled Prime (SFP) allows you to deliver prime items from your own warehouse. These are the benefits of SFP:
- By using SFP you can reach millions of loyal Amazon customers.
- With SFP you can guarantee your customers free shipping and fast delivery time.
- Your products are made more visible because of the Prime badge.
- You have a stronger competitive position and are more likely to get the Buy Box.
- Your customers will have access to Amazon customer service.
- You can grow your business with Lightning Deals.
- You will be able to continue to carry out your sales from your own warehouses and through your own logistics partners.
More about selling on Amazon for brands
Do you want to know more about one or more of these topics? Or do you want to start selling your brand on Amazon? As a marketplaces specialist, Brandsom is happy to help you doing this!
Click on the arrow below to get in touch with one of our specialists.