Do you have plans to grow internationally? As a small retailer, you can achieve this by selling and advertising on GALERIA’s marketplace. You may be familiar with the physical shops known as GALERIA Karstadt Kaufhof. This large German department store also has an online shop that caters to both visitors and external sellers.
GALERIA Karstadt Kaufhof is a strong brand. No less than 90% of Germans say they are familiar with the name. This offers opportunities for you as a seller. If you’re thinking of entering a new market outside the Netherlands, be sure to take a look at GALERIA’s platform. The website has a large reach and many visitors.
- GALERIA as a department store and what they sell
- How to register on the marketplace and the advertising possibilities it offers
- How to make advertising on GALERIA a success
If you want to make your online business a success, get in contact with Brandsom. We are the marketplace specialists and offer advice on all marketplace related matters, both nationally and internationally. Our marketplace consultants can help you with implementing a successful strategy that helps you sell on various marketplaces. Click on the arrow below to get in touch with one of our consultants.
A little insight into GALERIA
Karstadt Warenhaus GmbH, based in Essen, is a German department store chain. The two companies GALERIA Kaufhof GmbH and Karstadt Warenhaus GmbH have been working together since November 2018. As of March 2019, Karstadt and Kaufhof appeared on the German market under the joint name GALERIA Karstadt Kaufhof.
Their website is well constructed and user-friendly. The large and diverse selection of products indicates that GALERIA is a department store. On their website you’ll find:
- women’s clothing;
- men’s clothing;
- children’s clothing;
- bags, suitcases, and accessories such as wallets;
- sportswear and equipment;
- kitchen utensils and household appliances;
- technological products;
- watches and jewellery;
- make-up and skincare products;
- travel accessories.
As the above list indicates, there are many categories for which you can advertise on GALERIA’s platform. At Brandsom, our consultants have a lot of experience with setting up specific advertisement campaigns for various markets. We can help with the roll-out of your sales and advertising strategy and offer a wide range of marketplace related services. Get in touch with us by clicking on the arrow below to find out what we can do for your business.
How to register
In order to advertise on GALERIA, it is necessary to register and be active on the platform. The process involves the following steps:
#1 Register with the partner manager
To apply, send an email to the partner manager at partner@GALERIA-marktplatz.de. In your email, ask for a partnership so that your request can be evaluated. Make sure to specify the products that you want to advertise on GALERIA. It’s important that these fall under one of the aforementioned categories.
#2 Draw up a contract
If GALERIA is interested in your offer and agrees to a partnership, you can start selling on the German department store chain’s platform. But first, a cooperation contract needs to be drawn up. The principle of the agreement is that you support each other to make the partnership a success.
#3 Upload your products
After signing the contract, it is time to upload your products to the web shop’s system. Make the product information as clear as possible, so that visitors enjoy looking at your product pages and find the information they need. Doing so will also make your products easier to find for potential customers. The following information about a product should be presented:
- Product name: Maximum number of characters is 56. Only 28 characters are displayed on all product pages. The information should not contain a brand name, as this is already displayed above the product name.
- Product description: Clearly describe your product in detail. Make sure to not include any references to other products and take into account the SEO rules. The maximum allowed number of characters is 5000, including spaces.
- Clothing size: It is mandatory to provide this information. Always enter European sizes on GALERIA. French, Italian or British sizes are not allowed.
- Images: The recommended dimensions for images are 1400 pixels in width and 1600 pixels in height. Image files may not exceed 6 MB and should contain at least a front and full view. The background of the image needs to be white, grey, or beige and can not include any logos. If you’re selling swim or underwear, be aware that the use of child models is not allowed on the platform.
The fourth and final step to boost sales is to advertise on the German marketplace. Keep on reading to learn how to make your advertising campaign on GALERIA a success.
Successful advertising on GALERIA
To attract even more visitors to your product pages, it is possible to advertise on GALERIA. There are various ways of making a name for yourself on the online marketplace. To make your advertising campaign a success, you should focus on the following things:
- Banners: As a seller, you can generate reach via banners that are displayed on various websites. These banners show your products. Anyone that clicks on these banners will be directed to your brand page.
- Affiliate links: Third parties, bloggers and marketers have the option to make use of affiliate links. These can be integrated into the website as text links. Clicking on the links ensures that visitors are directed to your product page. If a blogger, for example, generates additional sales through these affiliate links, they receive a fixed commission of 4%. This applies to all product groups.
GALERIA doesn’t do this all independently. They work together with external partner Awin.com, which is a marketing agency. Registration for advertising on GALERIA is therefore done via this partner.
Make advertising on GALERIA a success by getting help from Brandsom. Get in touch with a marketplace consultant
Are you ready to grow your business by breaking into a new market in Germany? Selling on GALERIA is the perfect opportunity to get started. If you want to kick-start your business, we recommend you enlist the help of marketplace experts. Our advertising specialists know everything about how to promote your brand on (inter)national marketplaces and ensure your products are represented to match your brand’s vision.
Our marketplace consultants can help you with contacting GALERIA, uploading your product range on the marketplace and optimising your marketplace SEO. Additionally, we are a certified partner of Tradebyte, the integrator for GALERIA’s marketplace.
Find more information on our homepage, check out our service page or contact us at email@example.com / 030-2270520 and request a no-obligation consultation.